Linzy Ritchie has lived in the Kingwood area since 1996 and completed her law education at the South Texas College of Law, graduating in 2004. She finished her undergraduate studies at Texas A&M and began her career as an associate attorney with the McNamara firm in 2005. Following a hiatus from law to raise her three children, Linzy rejoined the firm in 2018 and has resumed practicing family law. Linzy is ready to assist individuals and families in the Houston and Kingwood areas. She is skilled at representing a variety of family law cases, including highly contested divorce or child custody cases.
Linzy has always had a passion for family law and appreciates how it touches on many other areas of law. Family law can be complex for that reason, but Linzy welcomes the challenge and builds on her experience with every client she represents.
For her clients, Linzy provides a balanced mix of being compassionate and pragmatic, while also being patient and realistic. Linzy prides herself on being a straight shooter, helping her clients understand the challenging nature of family law, while also providing aggressive representation. Linzy wants her clients to feel like they are in caring, knowledgeable hands.
Knowledge is essential to effective family law representation. There are numerous factors to consider with every case. There are mediations to manage. There is ample opportunity to negotiate on the client’s behalf. Linzy’s education, insight and practical experience in family law ensures she is ready for anything that comes up during representation.
When Linzy has extra time to spend, she prefers to spend it camping, exploring the outdoors or going to the movies with her husband and three children.
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Alimony & Spousal Support
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Domestic Violence & Neglect
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Marital Agreements
- Grandparent’s Rights
- Defending Against Grandparents Seeking Rights
- Family Law Trial Practice
- Texas, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2005
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas J.D.
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas B.A.
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Northeast Harris County Bar Association – Present Member
- Houston Bar Association, Family Law Section – Present Member
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section – Present Member