To start your unmarried cohabitation agreement click here.
The unmarried cohabitation package consists of:
- A multi-page personalized non-marital cohabitation agreement.
- Blank Excel schedules on which each person can list the items that he or she brought into the residence (to avoid allegations about who owned any particular item).
- An acknowledgment that can be signed by the person who did not purchase the agreement that states that he or she is aware of the option to have it reviewed by a lawyer.
- Waivers of disclosure of financial information that confirm neither party is obligated to disclose his or her personal financial information.
- A cover letter with detailed instructions about signing the documents.
- You may speak with Attorney Brian McNamara about any questions after you review the package.
The fee for the entire package is $199.
The unmarried cohabitation agreement package provides:
- The Parties Are Not Married
The standard non‐marital cohabitation agreement available on this page is for people who are living together or who plan to live together. It makes clear that they are not married, ceremonially or by common law (also called ‘informal marriage’), and that if they ever do decide to marry it will be in a ceremony. This helps to avoid allegations of common law or informal marriage after you live together.
- Each Person’s Property Is Individually Owned
The standard cohab agreement makes clear that the parties have made no attempt to disclose assets or property to each other. It also provides that each will continue to own whatever is his or hers individually. Each one remains free to manage and dispose of his and her own property as they choose.
- Neither Party Is Liable For The Obligations Of The Other
The standard cohabitation package provides that neither party is taking on a legal responsibility for the obligations of the other, which includes everything from a car note to rent to a child support obligation owed by the other. The agreement provides that the parties can choose to jointly incur an obligation but cannot be required to.
- No Reimbursement Claims
The cohab package also provides that, without a written agreement, neither person may make a claim against the other for a share of the expenses or for any of the other’s bills that he or she may have chosen to pay during the relationship.
Even in a common law marriage in Texas, community property is divided in the manner that the judge deems just and right.”
Texas Family Code §7.001
A Non‐Marital Cohabitation Agreement by a Texas Prenup Attorney
If you are ready to purchase the cohabitation package please click here to get started. We will contact you by phone for credit card information and to answer any additional questions you may have.
You can also make your payment below safely and securely.
You will receive your package usually on the same day. If you have questions that are not answered on this site please feel free to call us at 281‐358‐3444.