What about children born during the marriage? Decisions regarding the best interests of children must be made based on the circumstances existing at the time that the decision is made. Because those circumstances cannot be predicted in advance, a prenup cannot provide for children. It is possible to include a statement about the parties’ intent in the event that a decision must be made about children, but it’s value is minimal.
Return to Main Topic: Standard Online Prenuptial Package
Prenuptial Agreements and Foreign Brides
Texans marry foreign brides for various reasons. Military service members, business-people, and oilfield workers fall in love overseas. Read more...
Prenuptial Agreement Benefits For Texas Spouses
There are many benefits to a prenuptial, or premarital, agreement. Without a marital property agreement, Texas law provides that a judge shall divide a community estate “in a manner that the court deems just and right having due regard for the rights of each party and any children of the marriage.” Read more...
- Can I Protect Retirement Funds With A Prenuptial Agreement?
- Announcing A Very Reasonably Priced Prenup By Email
- What if a debt is not included in the Prenuptial Agreement?
- What if an asset is accidentally not identified on a Prenuptial Agreement?
- I believe in marriage for life, why do I need a prenuptial agreement?
- How to discuss a prenup with your fiance
- Does a prenup have any effect on our estate if a spouse dies?
- Can a prenup provide for children born prior to marriage?