What if I wanted to give my spouse money or a gift after we are married with a Prenup or Partition Agreement?

Both the Standard Prenup & Standard Partition Agreements include provisions that permit either spouse to make a gift to the other. Such a gift can be an item or cash, and can be used to periodically increase a spouse’s separate property, but is never required. A custom agreement can include a specific requirement for transfers of cash at specific intervals or milestones, e.g. 5 or 10 year anniversaries.

Related Topics

Return to Main Topic: Prenups & Postnups

More Information

Skip to content